Openandromaps now supports Locus Quick-Install
The installation of the OpenAndroMaps with Locus is really simple on Android MobilePhones and Tabletts.
There is no more need of a PC, all tasks are done right on the Android device and highly automated.
- Install Locus from GooglePlay
- Start and end Locus before you go to your browser
- Open www.openandromaps.org in Android browser
(The latest version of Firefox and Chrome are working too)
- Navigate to your favorite map-download page
- Click on the “+” – symbol left of the mapname you want to download
- the mapinfo view is expanded and a button “Install on Locus” appears > click it (and keep in mind the download size)
- […now the map is downloaded and installed in the right folder..]
- Download a Themepack (have to be done only once in the beginning)
- chose the map
- choose the theme you want to have (this is essential – if you dont know what theme choose the andromaps_hc)
Afterwards you can download additional themes by clicking the “Install” button in the approbriate sections of openandromaps.org.
Her you can see the whole procedure in a small clip (still in German – sorry):
!Attention!, there is a new version of LocusMap out with a slightly different themeswitcher – a blue button on the lower left side of the map screen.