All those who have recently downloaded maps here via Locus-Direct-Install please reinstall the following maps:
My special maps for motorbikes have accidentally got linked in the action scripts and they won’t have contour lines or routes…
I’m terribly sorry, age sometimes strikes….
… which also means for the OAM team that the sports gear will be taken out and various projects planned for the winter will be tackled – be it with the bike, in the mountains or whatever.
The main thing is to get out into nature again!
You will probably meet me in June/July in Norway/Sweden/Finland, my beloved Scandinavia, on a white scooter. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to cycle for health reasons – anyway, never mind.
The Eurovelo NR1 leads through Norway along the most beautiful back roads along the coast, and thus also on the scooter, to the Nordkapp – of course also on this tour with the OpenAndroMaps and the BRouter.
The major summer update will therefore be rendered 2-3 weeks later, in mid/late July.
I am leaving on this holiday with a healthy conscience because…
The OAM project is on solid ground:
- I have eliminated all programme fragments
- many scripts have been rewritten from scratch and made clean
- cleaned up the structure
- the all tools have been changed towards licence-free
- simplified the web hosting and paid for it 2 years in advance
- all changes are _immediately_ transferred to a backup box at Hetzer via RSynch
- Tobias and Michael, my two companions, have all the access data and a completely set-up test system.
Have a nice summer
the OAM team
Google has once again complicated access to the SD card in Android 11 = it takes forever to decompress a render theme with the many individual files it contains for storrage on the SD card.
It is absolutely necessary that
Locus Pro users update to version 3.56.5
Locus 4 users update to version 4.5.7
even if they are NOT using Android 11.
Version check: LocusApp > Main menu > AppInfo
From next week on we have to save the render themes as zip on the smartphone and NOT unzip them. This requires the new Locus version, no matter which version of Android is used and no matter if the SD card is used or not.
The already announced new map generation is now ready to be released for download.
With this new generation, fundamental design weaknesses such as common hike/cycle route names or fragmentation of MTB routes in some cases have been resolved.
The new features meant a deep impact on the production structure of the maps.
New hardware on which the new V5 Mapsforge Writer from EMUX runs smoothly and a complete rewrite of most software was necessary.
Here are the new features in a nutshell:
- The MTB routes are now rendered independently and according to categories (like the cycle routes) – this means that interregional MTB routes such as in the UK or the Granittrail in the Waldviertel are prominently highlighted.
- Overlaps between bike and MTB routes are now neatly resolved.
- Short names of MTB/bike/hike routes are now separated
- The links between route nodes (NL) are now rendered later on
- Dozens of OSMC hiking symbols are added….
What needs to be done on your side: An update to the render theme – when installed directly on Android in Locus, the theme is installed/updated automatically.
Thank you for your feedback during the beta test, where a profound bug was discovered and fixed.
Have a peaceful Christmas,
We wish you good health and beautiful walks in the winter-snow
The team of OpenAndroMaps
Tobias, Michael, Christian