From Ver.6 on Oruxmaps is ready for Quick-Installation of Openandromaps
There is no more need of a PC, all tasks are done right on the Android device and highly automated.
Hint: If the installation of maps and/or themes does’nt work as expected please go to the folder ../oruxmaps/mapfiles > and delete the subfolder “temfolder” and/or the file .temp.map .
- Install Oruxmaps from GooglePlay and run the App
- Open www.openandromaps.org in the browser of your Android device
(Recommended browsers are Firefox, Chrome or Dolphin)
- Navigate to your favorite download page
- Click on the “+” -- symbol left of the mapname you want to download
- the mapinfo view is expanded and a button “Install on Oruxmaps” appears > click it (and keep in mind the download size)
- […now the map download starts]
Hint: Orux does’nt inform you about the download progress, there is no progress bar. However, you can watch the progress, as its the case with all other download jobs, in the Android notification bar. The location and design of the notification bar differs with the type of your device and version of Android you run.
- chose the map
- choose the theme you want to have (this is essential -- if you dont know what theme choose the andromaps_hc) by:
- Orux > Map Icon right upper corner > Mapsforge Theme > Tweak Mapsforge theme
Afterwards you can download additional themes by clicking the “Install” button in the approbriate sections of openandromaps.org.
Her you can see the whole procedure in two small clips (without sound):