May 14, 2020 at 22:11 #35975
For future Locus versions the map key is now included in Elevate quick installs (and also in the Locus add-on download for manual installations). This current beta feature allows direct access to the PDF map key from Locus.
I also improved the pdf map key.
Developer of Elevate mapstyleJuly 7, 2020 at 17:45 #37455
There’s a new Elevate version available, most important a bug concerning the display of cycle route references has been fixed.
– fixed cycle route refs
– changed route ref captions, border color for tracks, highway=service
– added refs for guideposts in waymarks overlay, waymark colors for long distance routes at zoom 9-12
Developer of Elevate mapstyleSeptember 26, 2020 at 21:19 #39852
A new update of Elevate is available. Many small things that have been added to the maps are now visible, and it’s also possible now to switch off that paths which are allowed for cycling are rendered like cycleways.
– added barrier=log, barrier=hedge, highway=elevator, ref for railway=platform_edge/platform, amenity=townhall, protect_class=5/11 with access=no, hiking route refs for routes with waymarks colors, added/changed rendering for (special) buildings, different rendering for minor service roads, option to disable rendering of paths with cycling permitted like cycle ways (Cycling), highway=services
– changed rendering of highway=service, rendering for protected areas (replaced access=no pattern with strict nature reserve)
– fixed error in permitted cycle paths option
Developer of Elevate mapstyleJanuary 6, 2021 at 20:52 #41296
New year, new Elevate. For all upcoming maps starting from January this one is needed, as the tags in the maps for protected areas have changed (and doesn’t work with older maps).
– changed protected areas including new protect_class values (starting with maps January 2021)
– added blue line for paths with cycling permitted when option render like cycle ways is disabled (like in hiking), special rendering for natural/landuse areas with bridge=yes
– fixed cycleway lanes/tracks (now only shown in cycling)
Developer of Elevate mapstyleFebruary 15, 2021 at 22:20 #41994
Elevate has been updated. The main changes concern protected areas, now additional access restrictions are shown. Also cliff and contour line rendering has been updated for the tighter 10m lines.
– added additional rendering for protected areas with limited access (onroad only, discouraged, conditional no etc.), natural=tree_row
– changed rendering rules for protected areas, limited minor contour lines to ZL15 instead of ZL13 (as the new 10m lines are too dense in steep areas), changed rendering for cliffs, removed access=private/restricted pattern from boundary areas
Developer of Elevate mapstyleMarch 6, 2021 at 17:05 #42353
Elevate has been updated. There was a tiny error (two spaces were missing) that let to bad rendering in just a few apps, and MTB:scale and MTB:scale:uphill are now shown on steps.
– added mtb:scale and mtb:scale:uphill to highway=steps in MTB-mapstyle
– fixed error in cliffs
Developer of Elevate mapstyle
1 user thanked author for this post.April 21, 2021 at 21:11 #43004
With the new Elevate 4.5, there are lots of changes to the displayed POI symbols and captions. There are now more colors which depend on categories that are identical to the POI options. The categories have been resorted and all symbols have a more unified look. Also the mapstyle options now have category letters (R=Route, W=Ways, P=POIs, A=Areas). That all those changed symbols can be displayed at all I’ve renamed the symbol folder from ele_res to ele-res – the old one can be safely deleted.
Also lots of new POIs have been added some other changes:
– many changes in POI symbols – new colors, remodeled categories, unified symbols, reworked many symbols, category letters for mapstyle options (R=Route, W=Ways, P=POIs, A=Areas)
– restructured POI categories
– added minor contour lines in cycling for ZL13/14, some access additions, historic=stone, shop=farm, man_made=wastewater_plant, man_made=water_works, amenity=ice_cream, sport=cliff_diving, sport=free_flying, sport=climbing_adventure, sport=roller_skating, sport=skateboard, sport=miniature_golf
– changed aerial ways rendering, removed workaround for missing building tags, removed symbol for water_well/drinking (now same as drinking_water)
Developer of Elevate mapstyleMay 27, 2021 at 22:40 #43589
Elevate has been updated. There’s some adaptions to current tag mapping of the maps including the new more fine grained MTB routes, contour lines in MTB are now appearing at the same levels as in hiking, and lots of smaller changes.
– added new rendering of MTB Routes (local/unspecified yellow, regional/national/international green), rendering alpine_huts as restaurants when accommodations are turned off, man_made=reservoir_covered, fee=yes for parking and toilets, bicycle charging station
– changed historic=stone/shop=farm for latest maps, updated translations
– removed tourism=information without specific information=*
– optimized contour lines (hiking/mtb for mountain areas, cycling/city for flat areas)
Developer of Elevate mapstyle
The topic ‘[Elevate] updates and test versions – news’ is closed to new replies.