Tagged: Rendertheme OS
February 6, 2017 at 12:59 #15566September 29, 2017 at 16:17 #20370
The Voluntary theme has been updated (see below). The new version for Locus is also available through the Locus Store in the Locus Maps app.
The main enhancements are:
– Names for archipelagos, islands and islets in latest maps from OpenAndroMaps (from 1 Oct 2017)
– Option to show “difficult” paths in LoMaps and maps from OpenAndroMaps
– Minor but important changes in the order of rendering of one-way streets, route overlays, railways, aeroways, ferries and bridges; white underlay for paths on bridges; revised border rendering.
Attachments:February 7, 2018 at 11:01 #22244
Thanks. Do you know if this works with Orux 7.2.5? If not, what version of Orux should I download?February 7, 2018 at 13:14 #22246
I’ve just tested it and Voluntary Cruiser works fine with Orux 7.2.5 from the web site.
1 user thanked author for this post.February 26, 2018 at 17:00 #22506
Multilingual (Mapsforge v4) maps from OpenAndroMaps can now be displayed in Locus Maps with the included Voluntary Mapsforge theme, which is only offered as an option when a Mapsforge v4 map has been selected. Voluntary Mapsforge is as similar to Voluntary UK as possible.
– Voluntary Cruiser has been renamed to Voluntary as it works with Oruxmaps just as well as Cruiser!
– Addition of switchable tracks in City and Roads styles
– “Blue” icons darkened to improve visibility
– Buildings under construction shown in latest OAMmaps
– Cable cars now hang downwards in Locus Voluntary Mapsforge theme and Cruiser/Orux version
– Velocity colours revised (track/residential/runway/military etc) (Locus only)
– Voluntary UK national/international cycle routes set to red labels (as UK signage) (Locus only)
– Rendering order and style of roads under construction changed
– Alignment of passes; abandoned and active mine and military bunker now shown on OAMaps.
– Peaks appear at zoom levels according to their local prominence on OAMaps.
– Bridges align for cycle tracks on OAMaps.
– Race track bridges, tunnels shown.
– Paths etc slimmed slightly
Direct link to full resolution key: http://bit.ly/voluntarykey
1 user thanked author for this post.February 26, 2018 at 17:49 #22514
Just so that you know that there are people out here who appreciate your work – thanks. The latest renderings are very practical, clear and useful.March 9, 2018 at 13:20 #22612
Cleared up a few bugs (spurious stations on light rail tracks, rail station symbols appearing multiple times).
Simplified underground waterways by not showing underground pipelines, streams, drains and ditches but only rivers and canals in tunnels.
Improved depiction of tunnels of all sorts.
Updated online key.
Direct link to full resolution pdf key: http://bit.ly/voluntarykeyAugust 1, 2018 at 14:50 #24787
Thanks for the Voluntary Style/Rendertheme. It’s good to see colours similar to OS and road numbers.
FYI, I was able to install it (and the key) directly from those links into the iOS app called Cartograph Maps 2 on my iPhone 8 where it’s working fine on Openandromaps. (Note: there is a free “Lite” version of that app)
Kind regards, Pat
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.