Low zoom areas are now much more usable: names for states and mountain ranges/areas are displayed, names of lakes/glaciers/woods/mountain ranges/protected for larger areas are displayed earlier and for smaller areas later (differs for city style)
Especially in wide areas like in the North, Africa, Canada, South America these improvements offer a much better overview for route planing. For these areas please use the Elements – Theme from Tobias.
For urban areas and central Europe the Elevate Theme from Tobias is probably the best choice.
Please download (or use direct install) for the latest Elevate Theme – it includes a lot of additional improvements:
It appears that, on very rare occasions, there are issues with the login to the BulletinBoard (Forum, BBpress). The login itself is working – however you cant post cause there is still the status:
You must be logged in to create new topics. (or replys)
If you experience this behaviour please reload the page (“shift”-“reload”), use Chrome or Firefox and check if there are custom settings active in the Cache-configuration of your Browser, overriding the server-headers.
IMO the server itself is sending the right (non cache) header.
Best regards, Christian
- An old Bug in Mapsforge forced us to transform access=no to access=acc_no. This means that have to update your Themes, if you would like to have access restrictions rendered in the maps
- There are new features in the Maps and Themes like kissing_gates and turnstiles
- Especially for users of the New Zealand map we modified the rendering of water multipolygons (lake, riverbank, reservoir, aso). Up to now wrong tagged multipolys resulted in flooded areas along lakes and rivers. This issue occours in almost every MP in New Zealand caused by the automated LINZ import of Goverment data. As said, this should be resolved with the updated maps/themes
We strongly recommend to update the themes by using the Quick-Installation:
For Elevate/Elements Themes of Tobias:
For the andromaps_## themes:
A Theme in OS-Landranger style can be found here – (c) John Percy:
The new maps will be finally available with the updated maps of Europe and Germany on 11/12th of August.2015
We wish you a pleasant summer,
Tobias & Christian
With the new Locus version 3.9.1 the support for switchable overlays, as in other apps with mapsforge 0.5, has been added. Therefore Elevate 3.0.2 has been released to make use of this feature also in Locus. Now all symbols, but also other, until now not available, overlays can be switched on or off.
This is how it works with Locus 3.9.1:
- install the new Elevate version
- then select Elevate as usual with the theme switcher
- then use the theme switcher again, select Elevate again – now an additional menu shows up in which you can select the map style (hiking, cycling or city) and the overlays
Starting with Locus 3.9.2 after selecting the theme a menu shows up that lets you choose the map style and overlays.