The Smartscreen filter of MS Internetexplorer/Edge reports OpenAndroMaps website as “unsafe”.
If you have doubts about the integrity of OpenAndroMaps please perform a check on a meta-virusengine like Virustotal or a similar service. These services checks a website against the databases of numerous virustools of high reputation like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Avast, etc..
In case of OpenAndroMaps the result ist : Clean Site
If you have already installed a solid virustool on your machine or mobile device there is no need for MS Smartfilter cause most of these tools are scanning the traffic of many webbrowsers (not only MSIE/Edge) and check downloaded fieles too.
There is a document on the MS support site that teaches how to report a false positive to Microsoft or how to disable the Smartscreen filter (in case that you already installed a virustool):
Most of the hiking symbols tagged in OpenAndroMaps are now included in the OpenAndroMaps.
Redering of these symbols follow the rules of Waymarkedtrails .
Important: If more than one route is assigned to a way : The waymark for the route with the highest priority is rendered = iwn, nwn, rwn, lwn.
Please download the latest maps and the latest version of the Elevate rendertheme and activate the rendering of the hiking symbols in your APP.
in the Elevate theme the background symbols appear at zoom-level 13, the whole symbols (background,foreground,text) appear at zoom-level 15.
Austria and South Tyrol has finished the LIDAR Laserscans and released this dataset to the public for free.
@Sonny converted it to usual hgt files and published it for download:
For the OpenAndroMaps this means that serveral Maps benefit from these new elevation data, and believe me – the difference is incredible.
- Alps (Austria und South Tyrol)
- Italy (South Tyrol)
- Berlin, RheinlandPfalz
I strongly recommend you to update these maps, especially if you are a mountain hikers or MTB enthusiast.
After an extended testing period Elevate 4 has been released today. The map key was also updated.
Downloads as alway on the Elevate page.
- One size only: SVG version which scales with screen density is now default, no more different sizes.
- All graphics are scaleable: all symbols and patterns are now displayed with scalable vector graphics and scale with screen density, instead of pixel based PNG files. For example patterns like those on private roads are now scaled and should be better visible on high density screens.
- Routes: national and international routes have seperate colors (same for hiking and cycling, blue and red, so I had to change regional cycling routes as well), hiking routes colors match now those that are used for hiking routes in some areas. General route rendering has been optimized as well.
- Mountain Bike: seperate MTB map style with rendering of visibility of paths and with new rendering for mtb_scale_uphill
- Locus: Locus version includes now Locus Edition (LE) versions for single language V3 maps and standard Elevate for multilangual V4 maps. All objects scale now much better in Locus LE.
- Access limits: those are filtered now, a way with only private/no access is only rendered as that in hiking (or cycling) mapstyle, if this access limit is also valid for pedestrians (or cyclers). Only the city mapstyle shows general access limits.
- And many more smaller additions and optimizations.